These went over pretty well in my house the other day. In a weird domesticated sort of way, I bring you the recipe.
Total time: 50 minutes
Makes: 20 snacks
You will need:
• 1/3 cup sugar
• 1/2 cup light corn syrup
• 1/2 cup peanut butter
• 3 cups regular or Frosted Cheerios
• 1 to 2 tablespoons candy sprinkles
• 20 small candies
1. Line cookie sheet with waxed paper
2. Pour sugar and corn syrup into 3 quart saucepan. Heat over medium heat, stirring frequently, just until mixture starts to boil. Remove saucepan from heat. Stir in peanut butter until mixture is well blended.
3. Stir in cereal until it is evenly coated. Cool for 5 minutes. While mixture is cooling, put candy sprinkles in a shallow dish.
5. Lightly spray hands with cooking spray. For each snack, shape about 1/4 cup of the mixture into a ball around 1 small candy. Immediately roll the ball in the candy sprinkles to coat. Place balls on the cookie sheet. Cool completely, about 30 minutes. Store snacks in loosely covered container.
Nutrition info for one snack:
Total fat: 3.5g
Total carb: 21g